POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Games programmers : Games programmers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Games programmers
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Sep 2008 04:14:43
Message: <48c63073$1@news.povray.org>
So I gather we have some of these in here somewhere?

Of course "games programming" sounds fun and exciting, and from what I
can gather *everybody* wants to be doing it. But what is it *really*
like, and what kind of thing do developers really look for when hiring?

Mainly I'm just being nosey. ;-)

(As some of you may remember, the careers advice guy said I should
consider games programming. Personally I think it's a pretty absurd
idea. If there's this many people wanting to get in, it must be pretty
competetive. And presumably being hyper-fluent in C and/or C++ is an
absolute mandatory requirement. Both of these things pretty much
instantly rule me out completely...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/